Wow! Hot cinnamon, no kidding! The sample packet gives off a strong Red Hots smell.

It’s only slightly more mellow after steeping. Same general cinnamonny hot smell with a smidgen of black tea trying to smooth it out underneath. There are some funky fuzz balls that must be from the cinnamon that have settled to the bottom of the cup.

The flavor is pretty amazingly cinnamon with nothing to mitigate or obstruct it. It’s surprisingly sweet as well as spicy, sort of candy like in its flavor. I like it much better than just about any other cinnamon flavored tea I’ve had, and it definitely seems like a go-to cinnamon. Not much argument there.

ashmanra

I think people who love red hots love this tea. I have never cared for them, but I still keep this around to serve to guests because they all love it. I drink it by adding half HCS to half plain black tea. That takes the cinnamon down a notch for me. I WANT to like it, because cinnamon is so good for regulating blood sugar…

__Morgana__

I’m with you. It wouldn’t be a main choice for me, but I can see how it would be fun to have every now and then and I can’t deny that it does what it does very very well. Hence the high rating. I would much rather drink this than Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice, for example.

Comments

ashmanra

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California