drank Green Anji by Adagio Teas

Tea note #400. Happy 4th of July!

Another in the Green Savant sampler.

In the sample tin it has a very green, grassy fragrance, which swings between fresh and dusky. Interesting. It has twisty, twiggy, bird nesty leaves that are darker than the Dragon Well leaves (which I sampled earlier today).

It’s a fairly solid yellow liquor, more intense in color than the Dragon Well. And its aroma is solidly vegetal, too, though not overly strong.

In taste, it’s an ok, but not very remarkable vegetal green tea. Tastier than most bagged greens, but not the rich, multilayered, depth of character laden taste of some greens I’ve had. It does seem to have a deeper flavor than the Adagio Dragon Well, but unlike the Dragon Well, it has a hint of bitterness at the tail. It’s the sort of thing I’ll keep drinking to see if it grows on me but doesn’t hit it out of the park on the first tasting.

JacquelineM

Happy 400!!!!

Rabs

(you know that all the fireworks were in honor of your 400th, right?) ;)

Stephanie

Wow, 400!! You are definitely in the realms of connoisseurship now! :)

__Morgana__

Aww, thanks! Stephanie, not sure about connoisseurship, but I have to say I think that my inveterate tea drinking is responsible for my last essentially perfect (scarily healthy, I hope I’m not jinxing myself by saying this) routine blood test. My doctor was like, “wow, nothing to say about this, but really excellent labs. Your sugar and cholesterol are terrific.” At my age, that is like being told you just got nominated for prom queen, particularly when I’ve had a few blips that worried me in the past. I think I actually went “squee”!

Comments

JacquelineM

Happy 400!!!!

Rabs

(you know that all the fireworks were in honor of your 400th, right?) ;)

Stephanie

Wow, 400!! You are definitely in the realms of connoisseurship now! :)

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California