drank Chocolate by Kusmi Tea

I talked myself into a French flavored tea while I’m waiting for my chai to steep.

This smelled incredibly promising in the tin, very chocolatey. Like bakery chocolate.

However, that didn’t translate into the steeped product, unfortunately. It’s a suggestion of chocolate in the aroma, and less of one in the flavor. I wonder if I need to boost the amount of leaf? Will try that next time.

It’s hard to believe Kusmi could do such a wonderful caramel and not be able to repeat that feat with chocolate. This isn’t even approaching the Harney chocolate tea in terms of depth of chocolate flavor. Which leads me to believe it may be user error.

Angrboda

Given my own dreadful dreadful chocolate tea experience recently, I’m beginning to suspect chocolate is quite simply a touch and go flavour.

__Morgana__

Yes, I think so too. Which seems a little strange to me. I was on the Mariage Freres web site yesterday and I noticed they don’t seem to even have a chocolate tea. I found that interesting.

Angrboda

I was sort of reminded about this last autumn where everybody got all excited about Thanksgiving and Halloween themed teas and then got disappointed because they didn’t think any of them really tasted like pumpkins.

ashmanra

I have just ordered Harney and Sons Chocolate. It should be here Wednesday. I had have Florence and like it a lot. I am hoping this new one will be a hit, also!

__Morgana__

I liked the H&S for plain chocolate. Also liked the TeaFrog. They’re different, but both good in their own ways.

Andreastt

I think this tea is full of chocolate flavour. The chocolate gets heavy and dominating if you add sugar!! Try it.

Comments

Angrboda

ashmanra

Andreastt

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California