drank Blueberry by Adagio Teas

Another from the Flavors sampler. It has 5 teas in it instead of the usual 4. I’ve been pondering that, for no particular (or good) reason.

I’ve had blueberry flavored white tea that I liked quite a bit, but this is my first blueberry black tea. I’m a big eater of the blueberry, I have them on cereal at least a few times a week. So I’m excited to try this tea.

In the sample tin, the smell isn’t identifiably blueberry. It’s sweet and fruity, but it isn’t giving me berries. I’m also not seeing any of those big honking whole blueberries in the picture on this page in my sample, though admittedly I didn’t dig through to the bottom to look for one.

Interestingly, I’m getting a lot more blueberriness in the steeped tea’s aroma. It’s a kind of a high note that hovers over the tea right at the edges of the heat that it gives off in the cup. I wouldn’t say it’s strong, but it’s definitely blueberry. The liquor is a particularly lovely shade of that red infused orange/brown Ceylons often seem to have.

The flavor has blueberries! Pretty amazing, considering it can be something of a subtle flavor even in the fruit, that it can stand up to a black tea base. But there it is. A sweet and very definite blueberry flavor interwoven among the tea base.

It’s not as hard hitting as the apricot was, but I like it for what it is at least as much as I liked the apricot. It’s really hitting the spot today, as I’m under the weather with some nasty summer thing. Fever for the last few days, a cough, aches, weird electrical pains a day or so ago, and fatigue. The 6 year old had something similar about a week and a half ago, except he had a sore throat too, which fortunately I don’t have. The BF is coming down with it apparently. He was describing the electrical shooting pains this morning, so I know I’m not crazy…

mpierce87

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Yay for the flavored sampler though, I’ve considered it before and your tasting notes make it sound really awesome.

__Morgana__

Thanks mrawlins2, tea and rest is my motto for today! The flavors sampler is a good one, I was pleasantly surprised. One thing that is cool about it is I’m fairly sure they used the same base for all the teas. It helps (me at least) highlight the flavors if I’m not also trying to taste the tea each time for its own flavors, too.

Comments

mpierce87

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California