Decupboarded this morning. I’d been on something of a campaign to drink this up given my reaction to it, so I have been using it as extra black tea in chai as well as having it in the morning for the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday I opened up a tin of the Mariage Freres French Breakfast, and it looked and smelled utterly divine. Which makes me wonder whether there is a bit of international rivalry going on, with extra effort going into the French offering. Haven’t tasted it yet, but I’m looking forward to it, and I’m glad I’m waving goodbye to this one. Not to be repeated.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California