drank Chocolate by Kusmi Tea

Third attempt, this time plain but at 195F for 3:30 minutes after discovering that Kusmi advocates a lower temperature for this. They go so far as to suggest 185-195 as a range, so I guess I still have more possible attempts.

It’s hard to know whether the chocolate flavor is any richer because I’m not comparing this back to back with the cup made at boiling, but I’m going to say I think it may be, slightly. Not enough to put it into an exceptionally chocolately realm, but better than before.

I’m also tasting for more flavor in the intervals between sips, as I’ve noticed that other Kusmis tend to have a little flavor kick when the sip is done. This one sort of does. It’s not a powerful kick, but it’s definitely there, and there’s a stronger, more chocolately taste in the kick.

Not enough of a difference to change my opinion significantly, but worth a few points. Next time I’ll bump the temp down even more just for laughs.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California