drank Keemun Rhapsody by Adagio Teas

Having this again this morning after the Mariage Freres Earl Grey Imperial (which is not a favorite, and isn’t really growing on me either). I felt like I wanted to give this Keemun a proper tasting note because it was so delicious yesterday.

In the sample tin the leaves have a lovely fragrance; I get a tiny bit of smoke, but mostly I get something with the character of chocolate without especially smelling of cocoa. It’s a rich, fudge-like quality that has more to do with perceived consistency than anything else.

In the tea’s aroma, this quailty smooths out into a pastry-like quality, again having more to do with perceived consistency than actual fragrance. The taste is smooth, slightly sweet, slightly smoky, but mostly just really solid and deep. I’ve had Keemuns where the pastry-quality seems more harsh, like it was too heavy on the baking powder. This one isn’t like that at all.

Yep, it’s definitely going on the list for when I come out of lockdown.

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California