drank Fruit Medley by Adagio Teas

This [was] one of the Adagio herbal sampler samples back when I ordered my sampler. It appears they switch various samples out from time to time, as the Adagio web site no longer lists this among the herbal sampler offerings. It’s one of those chunky fruit mixtures that looks vaguely like trail mix, but significantly smaller in chunk size than the average Teavana fruit mixture.

I went easy on the amount of fruit this first time and I suspect I’ll need to up the quantity to get the depth of flavor I’m looking for. Not really this tisane’s fault, it seems to be true of all such mixtures. I can tell it’s not enough, though, because the liquor has that watermelony color that hibiscus mixtures have if they’re too dilute for me. I predict that a more concentrated version of this will be a dark magenta from the hibiscus.

The flavor, even in a somewhat more dilute form than I think I’ll prefer ultimately, isn’t bad. It did have a tartness to it as I started to sip it, but it wasn’t nearly as tart after a few sips as the initial impression led me to believe it would be. The strawberry, as seems to be typical with these, adds a sweetness that tamps down the rose hips and keeps this from being too tart for me. The hibiscus is, surprisingly, mostly MIA. I can taste a slight earthiness, but nothing on the order of, oh say, Tazo’s Passion. I can get some other berry, mostly raspberry I’d say. Not sure I know what elderberry and bilberry taste like, so I can’t vouch for those. I’m not getting a lot of blackberry, but it could be pumping up the other berries in the background.

Will be interested to give this a try in a stronger version, but I’m not finding fruit mixes overly interesting these days. Getting jaded, I guess. I’d have to have a really spectacular one these days to make my head turn.