drank Cucumber White by Tazo

Well, there’s good news, and there’s bad news. Which do you want first? (Say the good news. You should always get good news first. Much better that way, no risk of the news giver dropping dead before they have the chance to give you the good news.)

The good news? I knew you’d ask for the good news first, it’s the sensible thing to do.

Here it is. I have almost reached the end of this tea. That is excellent, excellent news. I very stupidly bought a case of it through Amazon back when I thought I liked it figuring I’d save money that way. That’s 6 boxes of tea bags, and I’ve been suffering through the last four boxes trying to rediscover what I thought I liked about this originally.

Ok, the bad news? The bad news is that I never did rediscover what I thought I liked about this originally. Frankly, it has been a steady downhill ride. Every now and then there’s a glimmer. Like this evening, when I had some that had cooled and was actually approximating an iced version, to wash down one of those Amy’s frozen roasted vegetable pizzas with no cheese (back in the saddle on the diet and exercise as of today, I hope). That wasn’t bad, for a few swallows. But probably because with food, it’s disguised enough so that that Om-pickle memory doesn’t penetrate, so the flavor of the cucumber is relatively pristine.

I think I figured out what is causing the pickle memory. I think it’s the lime. The sourness of the lime.

In any case, I am now hard pressed to let this stay at a rating of 51 (down from the original of 63).

Dan

You have much more patience than I have. I could never struggle through 6 boxes of tea I didn’t care for.

Comments

Dan

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California