Pretty sure this is the last fruit mix in my herbal sampler. I think the only sample left after this is lemongrass. It’s pretty much indistinguishable from the other mixes in what it looks like dry, but it does have a rather distinctive sweet, berry smell to the dry mix.

It steeps to the dark magenta I associate with hibiscus. It’s aroma is not strong, and not very distinctive. Apple may be the main component, with some hibiscus earthiness.

It’s tart, but not too tart and it has a countervailing sweetness that must be from the apples and berries. My main complaint with it is that I expected a stronger raspberry flavor given the name.

There is a little raspberry, most noticeable in the aftertaste, but it isn’t nearly as strong as I’d want in a mix that has raspberry in the name. Though this has a pleasant taste, it’s not very distinctive, and I wouldn’t say it’s better than the first two fruit mixes in the sampler. It also doesn’t surpass the Blood Orange, which I found disappointing for essentially the same reason — not enough orange. This has an even bigger not enough raspberry problem, so I can’t rate it as high as the Blood Orange.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California