drank Coconut by Adagio Teas

Finishing up this sample today as part of a larger plan for coconut tastings. I’m also planning to finish up the last of the ATR and then on to the Premium Steap, which seems to have a good many fans here. I am really eager to try that one as it has toasted coconut rather than untoasted, and that could make a lot of difference in how I receive it as macaroons would be one of the ten foods I’d take with me if I were stranded on a desert island.

I continue to find this one enjoyable, but having now had the ATR I think that if I were going to buy a “fresh” coconut blend I’d pick the ATR instead. There’s something about the base of the ATR that just has more depth. Thanks to the experience of the ATR, though, I’m now looking for, and finding, a bit of a chocolate note to this one.

I wonder whether it’s more than coincidence that it’s called a coconut. I googled why is a coconut called a coconut and got a reference to coco meaning monkey face. But there’s an interesting similarity between chocolate and coconut, which is probably what makes them so appealing together. They mesh somewhere on a flavor continuum which is not dissimilar from the cocoa/vanilla continuum.

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California