Finishing up the last of this sample, and I tried an experiment in the Breville at the same time. It isn’t really set up to make fewer than two cups, but I only had a cup’s worth of tea left, so I filled it halfway to the first line.

It came out fine, though I am a little worried about trying this on a regular basis. Makes me wary of burning out the element or some such disaster. Also, because the measurement was imprecise, I’m not getting as strong of a cocoa note from it this time around.

I must say that the coconut in this one, though not toasted, is delicious. It’s… juicy. The flavor in the finish and afterwards is sweet and fresh tasting. Makes me wonder whether this is a characteristic of this blend or whether the Adagio sample was just a bit older when I got around to trying it. The tea base here does seem richer and to have more character than that of the Adagio, even without as much of a cocoa note as I tasted yesterday.

Peggie Bennett

I’ll have to try this! I absolutely love fresh coconut, especially young coconut; can sometimes tolerate toasted coconut.

__Morgana__

You should definitely give it a try. I love that American Tea Room has little sample packets of just about everything for sale, so it’s a small investment to give it a try.

Comments

Peggie Bennett

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California