drank Troika by Kusmi Tea

After yesterday’s October Revelation mixture of seven citrus fruits, this seems a modest little tea. Only three citrus fruits here, and I’m expecting to taste orange and maybe a little lemon. Seems like this should really be called Troika times two, as there are two troikas here, the citrus fruits and the black teas. But that wouldn’t sound very Russian.

Bergamot is the main scent of the dry leaves. It opens up after steeping into an orange-laced, somewhat fruity, somewhat biscuity aroma. The tea has a medium amber color. I’m not getting pepper here, which I wondered about since I definitely get that in the Kusmi Earl Grey.

The taste is quite nice. I think I prefer it to the busier flavor of October Revelation. It’s sort of a citrus equivalent to the Kusmi 4 Red Fruits, except that the individual notes are harder to detect, but that may be because they’re all sort of similar flavors to begin with. Though the bergamot was strong in the fragrance of the dry leaf it is not strong here. The tea is smooth and easy on the stomach. The tea underneath the citrus is perky without being darjeelingy if that makes sense. It has a cleanness and a bit of briskness to it.

This is one for the cupboard, I think.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California