drank Peach Oolong by Adagio Teas

The second in the flavored oolong sampler and sadly, it’s no grapefruit oolong.

The fragrance in the tin is supposed to be peach, I guess, but it smells more generically like a sweet, slightly vanilla, flavoring agent with perhaps a cocoa note. The tea looks pretty much like the base of the grapefruit oolong and I’m guessing they are the same Formosa oolong.

This steeps to a tawny, golden-brownish color and the aroma is like a spread out version of the aroma in the tin.

I should mention that I seem to get peach and apricot flavorings in tea confused sometimes. Often when I’m supposed to taste peach I taste apricot and vice versa. On the way home from work, I was having some of the Vanilla Apricot White from Tazo in a tumbler, and when I had my first sip of this, I honestly thought it tasted exactly like the Tazo. Which is odd, because not only is the flavor supposed to be peach, and not supposed to have vanilla, but the teas are of different types.

I asked the BF who is a big peach fan to taste it and he said it was definitely peach, but weak. I had to explain to him that it was oolong, as I think he was thinking it was black tea. He doesn’t know from oolong.

But it is… I don’t know if I’d say weak, but it doesn’t have a very robust flavor. The grapefruit seemed to bring out the flavor of the tea in a way that this isn’t doing. It’s just sort of a flat, shade of oolong taste with a sweet peachy/apricot flavor on top.

It doesn’t taste bad, it just doesn’t have much of a raison d’etre in my view. I went through three steeps and it was pretty much the same each time.

Sad that after such a nice experience with the grapefruit, this was rather a let down.

Donovan

Hey Morgana! Have you tried the Oolong Peach from Two Guys’ Tea? It is my favorite. From the tin it does actually have a strong peach aroma and is a bit stronger peach but well balanced with the Oolong.

This is where I get it http://www.myteaguys.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3707997