drank Chocolate Mint by Kusmi Tea

Had some of this today for the first time in a while, and noticed that after the tea has been drunk, there’s a rather amazing chocolatey smell left in the cup. It’s much stronger than the chocolate aspect of the taste and there’s very little mint to be detected in the cup’s aromatic residue. Which is interesting because the taste is totally the reverse — lots o’ mint, very forward in the sip, with the chocolate on the back end and not nearly as strong.

In a total tea vacuum, such as I have had for several months, it’s not bad. But in rereading my original assessment from about a year ago, I see I was evaluating it in the face of some stiff chocolate mint competition that better matched my preferences in terms of the balance of mint and chocolate, and the desire for less of the famous Kusmi subtlety where chocolate is concerned.

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California