drank Spicy Chocolate by Kusmi Tea

I finished and decupboarded the Chocolate Mint before leaving for a couple of weeks on the east coast, and I’m now revisiting the other Kusmi Chocolates.

I’m all about subtlety for a lot of flavors, but not when it comes to chocolate. Chocolate is my comfort food and the stronger the flavor, the better. I was sort of hoping I’d taste this and say “wow, was I wrong the first time” but I find myself standing by my original reaction. I don’t get a lot of chocolate flavor. It is there, but barely as far as my tastebuds are concerned. If I didn’t know there was supposed to be chocolate in this flavor, I doubt I would have noticed it except in the aftertaste, and then not as much as I’d hope in a chocolate flavored tea.

At least this is called Spicy Chocolate rather than Chocolate Spice. The spice is definitely what I taste the most, almost exclusively. The spice flavor is quite nice on a chilly day, but alas for the too quiet chocolate, which would have really hit the spot.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California