Giving this another go tonight, hoping it’ll help clear my head after my inaugural gongfu session (I don’t think I’ve consumed that much green tea in one sitting in a long time).

It’s still kind of weak at 3m15s, and I’m not very fond of it unsweetened. It seems to taste better as it cools, so I may save the remainder to make iced tea when the weather gets warmer.

This is just okay to me. The only flavor I can definitely pick out is the ginger, and everything else is an earthy, slightly bitter muddle before I add agave. I’m kind of disappointed that the berries & lemon zest aren’t coming through more clearly. And there’s a fine grit of unknown origin at the bottom of my cup.

On the plus side, it is quite good brewed rather strongly & sweetened, and it does seem to be a nice remedy for what ails me. It soothed my tummy from last night’s bout of indigestion, and tonight my head feels better than it did before I started drinking it.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I grew up in New Jersey drinking Celestial Seasonings, and now I live in England, where I developed a taste for a good builder’s brew. Sometime in 2012 I bought my first loose teas, and my collection has since spiraled out of control. Still quite a novice, due to not drinking enough tea to keep pace with the amount I keep buying.

Some things I’m pretty sure I do like:
- most florals (jasmine, orange blossom, osmanthus, etc)
- buttery, vegetal greens
- malty blacks (usually with milk & sugar)
- oolongs that aren’t too heavily roasted

Not really feeling the flavored teas lately, for whatever reason.

All tasting notes use unfiltered hard tap water, unless otherwise specified.

No real method to my numerical ratings yet, but we’ll see what develops. So far I’ve only given ratings of 90 or higher if I actually get excited while drinking the tea.

Bristol, UK