I made tostones (chunks of deep-fried unripe plantain squashed & then fried again) tonight for the first time. They came out well, but the part that I should have seen coming was the stomach upset that followed about an hour after I stopped eating. Oily starch has a tendency to hit my tummy like a ton of bricks.

After only a few sips of this my stomach felt noticeably calmer. Granted it could have been the placebo effect at work, but I think it warrants a bumping-up of my rating anyway.
Flavor-wise, it’s not something I’d reach for regularly, but it does taste nicer than I remembered, and the stevia really does mesh beautifully with the other herbs.

I grew up in New Jersey drinking Celestial Seasonings, and now I live in England, where I developed a taste for a good builder’s brew. Sometime in 2012 I bought my first loose teas, and my collection has since spiraled out of control. Still quite a novice, due to not drinking enough tea to keep pace with the amount I keep buying.

Some things I’m pretty sure I do like:
- most florals (jasmine, orange blossom, osmanthus, etc)
- buttery, vegetal greens
- malty blacks (usually with milk & sugar)
- oolongs that aren’t too heavily roasted

Not really feeling the flavored teas lately, for whatever reason.

All tasting notes use unfiltered hard tap water, unless otherwise specified.

No real method to my numerical ratings yet, but we’ll see what develops. So far I’ve only given ratings of 90 or higher if I actually get excited while drinking the tea.

Bristol, UK