This is one of my favorite tea companies in the world! It is truly a family-run company, with John Harney Sr.’s sons traveling to India, China & Japan to find tea to bring back to their cafe, tasting room, and wholesale business.

I was at their tasting room in Millerton, NY, and had to get this tea (along with a few others).

Being from Darjeeling (most Earl Grey varieties are from Assam, Keemun, or Ceylon, depending on the brand), this Earl Grey is delicate yet crisp. It has no smokiness like some Earl Greys, and the bergamot is suitably balanced. Not too much on the citrus, but certainly detectable.

All around, this tea hit the mark. It’s a great tea to get the morning started, to continue the day, or to lounge around at night. It feels appropriate always. This tea is fantastic without any additions. Try it!

I’m a man of many interests, hobbies, talents & passions…or so I’d like to believe. Whether I’m on the other side of the world coaching ice hockey through the non-profit I founded or drinking a cup of tea in a strange new land, there is plenty of great stuff on this planet to get excited about!

Brooklyn, New York