I expected and desired a double spiciness, and I always add milk and sugar, so this worked well for me. The bag showed double the amount of spice oil stain as the regular strength Stash black chai, and this is also okay by me. If a blend were to contain enough crushed or ground spices to attain that amount of flavor, then the bag would have to weigh about twice what it does, in order to continue to include enough actual tea for a good cup. As long as quality oils and extracts are used, the flavor can be quite good and the price kept within reach by po’ folk like me. I’d recommend this tea for anyone who wants the convenience of a bag and likes to add lots of milk, because the spiciness really shines through. The only thing I would change would be to add black pepper.

Note: I’m open to offers to swap tea samples. If you can’t message me, just comment on one of my tea notes, and I’ll respond.

I am fascinated and deeply impressed by the artistry and skill which coaxes such an array of qualities from one species of leaf. In 2009, I founded San Antonio Tea & Herb Enthusiasts. For intimate tastings with a small gathering, I’m practicing Asian-style tea service along the lines of Chinese gongfu cha yi. It’s a joy, turning people on to good tea! http://www.meetup.com/SA-Tea-Herb/

The most recent sign of my conversion to the deeply-steeped side: I’ve turned three large file boxes into “tea humidors” for aging pu-erh cakes and bricks at 65% humidity. Remote sensors within the “pumidors” relay the temperature and humidity readings to a base station on my desk.

I write about tea culture for the Examiner online newspaper: http://www.examiner.com/x-49007-San-Antonio-Tea-Examiner

My tea rating system:

0 – 10 … Ugh, throw it out
11 – 20 … Barely drinkable
21 – 40 … Passes for decent tea
41 – 60 … Good but unremarkable
61 – 80 … Delicious cuppa
81 – 90 … Wonder-full !
91 – 100 … The Stuff of Legends !

San Antonio TX USA