Pot of Many Uses! This is a unique design, and really does pour well, even one-handed! The glass is sturdy and the shape is pleasing to the eyes. Makes great tea in the roomy infuser, and works well for a bloom of flowering tea (without infuser). It’s large enough for a blooming tea to expand fully, while being small enough (and the right shape) for good viewing of the display. Without the infuser, the lid fits rather loosely, but it does its job and stays on when I pour with my thumb over its stem. A cork trivet comes with the purchase … nice for protecting surfaces and the underside of the glass pot. And one more thing … without the lid and infuser the pot becomes a giant “fair cup” for large-group gongfu adventures, when I want to mix more than one steeping together before pouring. I think I’m going to get a lot of use from this sweet little pot!

Note: I’m open to offers to swap tea samples. If you can’t message me, just comment on one of my tea notes, and I’ll respond.

I am fascinated and deeply impressed by the artistry and skill which coaxes such an array of qualities from one species of leaf. In 2009, I founded San Antonio Tea & Herb Enthusiasts. For intimate tastings with a small gathering, I’m practicing Asian-style tea service along the lines of Chinese gongfu cha yi. It’s a joy, turning people on to good tea! http://www.meetup.com/SA-Tea-Herb/

The most recent sign of my conversion to the deeply-steeped side: I’ve turned three large file boxes into “tea humidors” for aging pu-erh cakes and bricks at 65% humidity. Remote sensors within the “pumidors” relay the temperature and humidity readings to a base station on my desk.

I write about tea culture for the Examiner online newspaper: http://www.examiner.com/x-49007-San-Antonio-Tea-Examiner

My tea rating system:

0 – 10 … Ugh, throw it out
11 – 20 … Barely drinkable
21 – 40 … Passes for decent tea
41 – 60 … Good but unremarkable
61 – 80 … Delicious cuppa
81 – 90 … Wonder-full !
91 – 100 … The Stuff of Legends !

San Antonio TX USA