drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you Josie Jade for the sample of this! The dry leaves smell heavenly- warm, rich and spicy. It’s one of those teas that intrigues you from the very first whiff. (the anise really dominates the dry leaves) I steeped my cup for about 5 minutes (I could have waited a bit longer but it was rather difficult to restrain myself) First sip. Hm… Yum. Although I felt slightly apprehensive due to the fact I don’t exactly love anise flavored anything, I convinced myself the coconut and chocolate would make up for it. I had initially assumed this tea would be bolder tasting, but surprisingly, this tea sits more on the mild side of things. Sweet and subtle, with a kick of anise complementing the sweetness of the coconut and chocolate. What’s not to love?

I can’t use chopsticks. My favorite smells are lemongrass and fresh coffee. If I were to die of something fatal, it would probably be caffeine poisoning. Reading, photography, traveling, and cooking are just a few activities I enjoy. I am a native of Krasnoyarsk, but grew up in Alaska.

I enjoy most types of teas, but am partial to flavored black and green varieties specifically.