drank Spicy Chai Latte by Trader Joe's

My sister bought me a tin of this for xmas maybe two years ago, and I just re-discovered it, unopened, in my tea cupboard. I put off trying it because it’s pretty high-calorie for a drink and I hate wasting my daily calories that way! Anyway, I was skeptical because most powdered chai mixes are pretty lacking, especially if you just use water, but I actually liked this!

I didn’t use milk, and I didn’t feel it was missing anything. I was careful to only fill my huge mug part-way, because it said to add 6 oz. of water per scoop and I didn’t want to dilute it. It’s definitely very sweet (and the ingredients list 3 different kinds of sugar), but not grossly so. It was a nice treat for a not-so-nice day.

When looking for info. about this tea online, I read several comments that this has been discontinued, but there aren’t any Trader Joe’s in Colorado so I can’t be sure.

Cofftea

I looove TJ’s chai latte mix! The closest one is 2 hrs away, but I got some when I visited a friend last year.

Alannah

I would definitely love to have one nearby! I think AZ is the closest location to us. :(

Cofftea

I think WA state is closer… but when you’re talking that far, who cares? lol. Sad day.

Keemun

…enjoyed reading your bio/profile…I always get a raised eyebrow from my wife while shopping or travelling when she catches me holding ANOTHER tin of tea in my hands.Happens weekly…most of the time I give in and cry myself into sleep

Alannah

Fortunately, I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t allow myself to buy new tea (unless I’m replacing one I’ve finished off) unless we’re travelling. I have gone on a couple of binges with these Steepster Select things but mostly I hold to it!

Starla H

We have one nearby and I remember seeing it advertised around Christmas time, so I think they still make it, but maybe only at certain times of the year.

Cofftea

Only at certain times??? That makes no sense.

Alannah

It could be seasonal (which I really wouldn’t get, because it’s just chai)—?

Starla H

Personally, I like chai year round, but I guess the cinnamon and spice of it could invoke holidays. I really have no idea if this is the case for TJ’s blend or not. Was just offering a theory. :)

Comments

Cofftea

Keemun

Cofftea

Only at certain times??? That makes no sense.

Alannah

It could be seasonal (which I really wouldn’t get, because it’s just chai)—?

Broomfield, Colorado