Despite the fact that my cold is still wreaking havoc with my tastebuds, I decided to give this tea a try. I will reserve judgement until I can fully appreciate it, but for now I’m pleasantly surprised. I brewed it for almost 5 minutes, and I was worried that it might be bitter, but it’s not. I don’t think I would really recognize the flavour as “pumpkin”, rather than just spices that are often used in conjunction with pumpkin, but it’s pretty much what I expected.

The tea is a medium orange colour, and the smell is quite strong—like wintery chai spices, but with something kind of posing as pumpkin underneath (unfortunately, it seems quite artificial). Again, my sense of smell is a tad off right now but I feel like I’m getting a pretty good sense of what this blend is like.

I’ll reserve real judgement on this until my senses are clearer, but for now I’m pleasantly surprised. I don’t love it, but it’s about what I expected.