drank Green Tea Pomegranate by Yogi Tea

A while ago, Yogi tea had some kind of deal where they sent a little sampler pack for free. They sent 2 herbal teas and this pomegranate green tea (“renew”). I found it hidden in a corner of my tea cabinet and figured I’d try it out today.

I heeded the warning on the bag (“to avoid bitter taste, steep for 2-3 minutes in hot, not boiling water”) and steeped for 2 1/2 minutes. The tea is bright pink (from the hibiscus) and really doesn’t have much taste or smell other than hibiscus. Because of that, it reminds me too much of an herbal blend and I’m not impressed. I can’t taste any green tea (or pomegranate, for that matter) and it’s basically just like any other fruit/floral tisane. I am glad I didn’t steep it longer because the last thing I want is a stronger hibiscus flavour.

It’s not awful, but it’s definitely not for me.