I got my Damn Fine Tea order last night (YAY!!) and of course had to immediately try one of them today. As a strong black tea lover, Caravan was my first pick. I didn’t look at the description before I brewed it, so I wasn’t expecting the smoky scent & flavour. Normally I have a pretty negative association with smoky notes (especially when it comes to food), but I don’t have much experience with it in tea. I have to say, I was so pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this! It’s exactly what I needed today, and the brewing time of just over 4 minutes was perfect for my oversized mug. Just a tad more time and I think I would’ve had to add milk to tone it down, but I adore the way this cup turned out.

There’s no weird or bitter aftertaste, and overall this is a really nice blend. This was a great start for my introduction to A&D Damn Fine Teas! If I like either of the other two teas in series 3 as much as I like this one, I’m pretty sure I’ll be a fan for life!