(backlogging from last week again)

I got a blank stare from the Starbucks cashier when I ordered this, and was informed by another employee that they don’t make these any more (officially), but she listed the ingredients and told him how to ring it up for me. The girl who made it, though, must not have been listening because she left out the syrup and I was well on my way to work by the time I tasted it and realized this. When she handed it to me, she called it an “Earl Grey Misto” so I’m guessing that means a plain tea latte? I’ll have to ask them what I need to order next time when I want the syrup.

The ironic thing is that I usually requested no syrup but I actually wanted it that time. Oh well, it was healthier for me that way!

Cofftea

A cafe misto means half coffee and half milk, so this may be half water (which the tea is steeped in) and half milk.

Stephanie

Starbucks isn’t allowed to use the name “London Fog” anymore because it’s trademarked, or something. So now it’s called an “Earl Grey Latte”.

Cofftea

Ahhh mystery solved- you’re so smart Stephanie:)

__Morgana__

That would make sense. The raincoat company. Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of likelihood of confusion though….

Alannah

Weird, I never would’ve thought it was due to a legal issue like trademarks… that’s totally random. If I ask for “earl grey latte”, that will include the syrup? When I’ve asked for that in the past, it was just tea & milk…

Stephanie

That is strange. They should know that an Earl Grey Latte = London Fog. It should be only a name change. At least the baristas at the two Starbucks’ I frequent know this. One of the managers there explained the London Fog situation to me before.

Alannah

I guess I’ll just be really specific next time I get one!

Comments

Cofftea

Cofftea

Ahhh mystery solved- you’re so smart Stephanie:)

__Morgana__

Alannah

I guess I’ll just be really specific next time I get one!

Broomfield, Colorado