drank Black Joy by Remedy Teas

I bought a bunch of tea from Remedy Teas on a recent trip to Seattle (and drank a lot while I was there!), so I’ll probably be posting a lot of reviews in the next few days. Remedy Teas has a wall of little test tubes filled with each blend so you can smell them and see the leaves, which I really like. I went in there with a “wish list” and ended up not really being interested in a couple I’d thought I’d like, and buying some that weren’t even on my radar before.

Back to Black Joy, though, this blend intrigued me because of the peppery notes and clove. There is something very slightly sweet in the background but it’s just a nice black blend with a tiny bit of pepper. I didn’t use much for my first cup because I wasn’t sure how peppery it would be, so it actually brewed a bit weak for my taste. I’ll use more of a heaping teaspoon next time (I don’t really think I want to brew it too much longer than 4 minutes though).

Overall, it wasn’t quite as “special” as I was hoping for but it’s a different blend and I love black tea so I think it’ll make a nice morning/afternoon tea. I’ll have more thoughts next time I try it, but on to the other new ones first!