drank Red Bush Chai by The Tao of Tea

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: woody, spicy, followed by mint
Steeped Tea Smell: woody, followed by mint
Flavor: spicy red tea, mostly cinnamon and cardamom
Body: Full
Aftertaste: mint
Liquor: dark reddish-brown

I was fortunate enough to grab the last two serving of this from the Steepster Traveling Teabox.

The smell is a bit different than the normal Chai I drink because of the mint.
The taste is a smooth, well balanced, spicy tea. The mint follows the sip.
The spices are a mellow and don’t stand out individually, they also are not very strong (think medium versus mild salsa).

This was not a bad tea, it was a nice sold red spiced tea. I am glad I got to try it, and would drink it again, but it is not my preferred chai so it won’t become a cupboard regular.

Post-Steep Additives: lactose free fat-free milk

It didn’t really make much of a difference. Perhaps if I had steeped it in the milk it might have?

Post-Steep Additives: honey

Tempered the spicy, but the spicy wasn’t a strong spicy so I don’t think it’s really needed.

images:http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/02/tao-of-tea-loose-leaf-red-tea-red-bush.html

AmazonV

resteep-tasted like a quality flavored black tea? odd since it’s a red tea, still smooth but the spice is very very mild and so is the mint.

Comments

AmazonV

I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia