Steep Information:
Amount: 1 tsp
Additives: none
Water: 6 ounces boiling
Tool: Mesh basket strainer in cup
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: leafy, muddy

Steep Time: a little over 30 seconds
Steeped Tea Smell: leaves
Flavor: muddy
Liquor: translucent orange brown

Tossed, I guess this counts as the rinse

Steep Time: a little over 30 seconds
Flavor: muddy, sweet, silky
Liquor: translucent orange brown

Steep Time: a little over 45 seconds
Flavor: muddy, sweet, silky
Body: Medium
Liquor: translucent brown with an orange hint

Steep Time: a little over 45 seconds
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, leaves
Flavor: muddy, sweet, silky, bitter
Liquor: translucent light orange-brown

Since it got bitter I stopped.

I think next time I may try 2 tsp / 6 ounces. Perhaps this will raise the rating?

I am very new to pu-erh so I’m finding may way through. I may end up not liking it. So I am not sure if I do or do not like pu-erh in general, or even if I prepared these leaves correctly.

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/chicago-tea-garden-loose-leaf-pu-erh.html

RMC

For someone who was new to pu-erhs, you chose one that wasn’t for beginners. I respectfully disagree with the rating you gave this tea. This tea isn’t for everybody and requires a very refined palette or some experience with the gamut of ripe and raw pu-erhs. Peace.

Comments

RMC

I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia