drank Formosa Silk by Te' House of Tea

Water: 1 zarafina cup filtered
Tool: Zarafina oolong-loose-medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: I forgot to sniff I was too excited!
Steeped Tea Smell: buttered vegetables
Flavor: SILK, silky smooth vegetal, sweet
Body: Light
Aftertaste: fuzzy, it makes my tongue fuzzy
Liquor: translucent green-yellow

SoccorMom was kind enough to send me some of this, one of her favorites.

I think this is the first oolong I’ve blogged, at least my labels didn’t have oolong in there yet.

Wow! the leave started out squished little things and they unfurled and became HUGE.

Although I am really enjoying the silken texture, I don’t see myself craving this daily. I can see buying this from time to time for a nice smooth sweet tea with no bitterness.

So not a favorite, but a very enjoyable mug of morning tea (boo morning!) so SoccorMom won’t have to fight me for the supply ;)

Post-Steep Additives: none

AmazonV

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/te-house-of-tea-loose-leaf-oolong-tea.html

Resteep: just like the first, except a I caught the cream!
glad i got to try this, it reminds me of coconut pouchong but less vegetal

I prefer 2nd steep too!

AmazonV

what’s the most steeps your wrangled from the leaves, because i mean the second looked JUST like the first, impressive really

SoccerMom

Well I usually go three after the third the leaves started to turn brownish. The first time I had it I thought hmmm this is okay and the more I drank the more I liked it. Save you last steep for after dinner (that’s when I enjoy it most).

Comments

AmazonV

Resteep: just like the first, except a I caught the cream!
glad i got to try this, it reminds me of coconut pouchong but less vegetal

I prefer 2nd steep too!

SoccerMom

I am The Devotea USA. I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia