Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag 2.6g
Additives: none
Water: hot spigot water, 1 mug (12 oz?)
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chai-like, spicy
Steeped Tea Smell: chocolate, nutmeg, vanilla
Flavor: chocolate, nutmeg, rooibos, earthy
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: nutmeg, cinnamon, warm spicy
Liquor: dark cloudy reddish-brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

It doesn’t have quite enough kick to be a chai. With all the rave reviews I was expecting something a bit more amazing. It is a nice spicy chocolate tea, but not something I am going to go out of my way to try. I am very glad I got the opportunity to give it a try via the teabox as I am not sure I would have been pleased to end up with an entire box of this tea. There are so many teas out there I want to try that i don’t want to be stuck with good tea, I want to only stock up on amazing tea.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Cofftea

I drink it w/ half as much water… maybe that would help? No, it is definitely not a chai, it’s not supposed to be. I wish it would just be chocolate + pu erh.

SoccerMom

Hmmm and I have this as one of my next purchases. I’m glad you tried it before as we seem to have a very similar taste in tea.

LiberTEAS

I like this one too, which surprised me a lot because normally I don’t care for pu-erh.

Cofftea

LiberTEAS, I agree- I am not a cooked pu erh fan (but LOVE raw pu erh), but I’m completely in love w/ this one so I can’t wait to try other flavored cooked pu erhs.

Comments

Cofftea

SoccerMom

LiberTEAS

Cofftea

I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia