drank Honeydew by Teas Etc

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: like honeydew milk boba tea
Steeped Tea Smell: vegetal, like honeydew milk boba tea, flowery
Flavor: slightly bitter, astringent but melon
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: bitter
Liquor: translucent light orange

I should try a mild steep and / or less leaf next time.

The tea came in a black plastic sealed bag inside the tin. When I dumped it into the tin I noticed a pollen like fluffy residue in the bag. I wonder if this is a white tea attribute?

Post-Steep Additives: none, but was thinking about some sugar

Resteep: just as strong as the first steep

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/teas-etc-loose-leaf-white-tea-honeydew.html

co-workers love this tea

SoccerMom

My Teas Etc. golden monkey had a lot of pollen yellow residue too (like yellow dust).

AmazonV

it’s weird to have fluffy dusty tea – i wonder if the fluff has flavor?

Pamela Dean

Maybe the fluff is leaf-hairs. White tea (or tea with lots of young, hairy buds) has more of them than almost any other kind. You can see them in the liquid, too, because they escape the infuser.

@Dax I think you are right, it’s sooooo fluffy

Comments

AmazonV

co-workers love this tea

SoccerMom

AmazonV

it’s weird to have fluffy dusty tea – i wonder if the fluff has flavor?

Pamela Dean

@Dax I think you are right, it’s sooooo fluffy

I am The Devotea USA. I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia