Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 212° 500ml filtered
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL (Black, Strong)
Steep Time: 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet and fruity, but not specifically mango
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, mango + other fruits + black tea
Flavor: black tea, dried mango snacks, astringent, a touch bitter
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: sweet fruity, astringent, a touch bitter
Liquor: dark orange brown

Gift generous from Lori which I sadly forgot to be expecting and then was confused, but happy when the tea arrived. I decided to hold off trying it until I could figure out who it was a gift from. We’re always on the hunt for anything with ‘mango’ since it’s a favorite flavor around here.

And now that I know who it’s from, TEA! It, as the name implies, tastes like those dried mango fruit snacks. It’s not the fresh juicy mango taste, but it is truly mango. If we had not tried Mango Black from thepuriTea.com this would be the new favorite. Theirs wins out by virtue of being true fresh mango.

Next time I think I’ll steep 2 minutes.

Post-Steep Additives: 1/2 tsp German rock sugar
More sweetened dried mango, yum yum!

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/05/california-tea-house-loose-leaf-black.html

I am The Devotea USA. I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia