Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Water: ~12 ounces boiling NYC tap water (boiled in microwave)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Medium bodied
Translucent dark brown
Backlogged from a visit to MilitiaJim’s parents where our friend was returning from India and brought tea with her. She shared this tea with me while we were hanging around the house.

It was a strong black tea with a mild medley of spices, where none stood out. They were perfectly balanced to make you think spice and flavor, but not strong enough to discern individually or overpower the tea.

Not what I typically think of when I think of US “chai” spiced tea (chai actually means tea, there are whole articles on this topic, please note I am using the US definition of spiced tea).

This was a thoroughly enjoyable cup of tea, especially with the honey as it was too astringent and bitter without it.

Post-Steep Additives: a bit of honey

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/06/organic-india-teabag-black-tea-tulsi.html

I am The Devotea USA. I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia