Steep Information:
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet black tea
Steeped Tea Smell: black tea and almonds
Flavor: slightly astringent, slightly bitter, black tea, almond
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: almonds, astringent
Liquor: opaque dark brown

I won these teas in a contest that was run by Dan on Steepster that was great fun, and got me tea prizes! Dan will be running the contest monthly, so keep an eye out!

I brought this one home for MilitiaJim to try since he loves almond black tea.

Post-Steep Additives:
AmazonV: German rock sugar, more almond less bitter still astringent, however when i went to add a splash of half and half it had gone bad and i had to toss my cup
MilitiaJim: salt, more almond less bitter still astringent, splash of milk, no longer astringent but still bitter

I would recommend steeping the leaves for less time.

MilitiaJim find the almond to be more of an after-taste than as part of the sip, I agree.

Needs more almond.

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/06/georgia-tea-company-review.html

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

I’ll order a couple more Almond Blacks, see if I can find one stronger in Almond flavor.

AmazonV

sweet! yea i am a punch you in the face kind of flavor person, subtlety is lost on me

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

Understood. I don’t like flavored black teas much myself, so I really listen to others when it comes to their comparisons.

Comments

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

AmazonV

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia