drank Ti Kwan Yin by Tazo

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp – 7.3g
Water: 500ml filtered water 195°F, also tried with 750ml and results were the same!
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: roasty, vegetal
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, floral, vegetal
Flavor: buttery, vegetal, MilitiaJim got salted seaweed flavor
Body: Light
Aftertaste: vegetal
Liquor: translucent yellow-green

This was a gift from Melody over at StarbucksMelody.com. If you enjoy starbucks or coffee you should really go and read her wonderful Starbucks fan site / community / blog.

The tea came in a nice square metal tin. Inside the tin the tea was inside a plastic bag sealed with a white sticker. I appreciated the careful packing since it got shipped here and arrived in beautiful not crushed condition. This is a very enjoyable oolong. I added a bit of maple syrup when drinking it with breakfast, but it was overpowered by the maple. I have had this multiple times, and have only managed one good resteep each time, after which it gets very weak. Despite that fact using more water with the same amount of leaf on the first steep has provided me with an equally strong and flavorful first infusion.

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/08/tazo-loose-leaf-oolong-tea-ti-kwan-yin.html

I am The Devotea USA. I love caffeine! I prefer tea to coffee. I prefer my flavors to be in your face, not subtle. I plan to use this blog to keep track of the teas I have tried.

I get my daily dose of caffeine from Starbucks (Grande soy no water chai latte).

~~~~~~~~*~
0-25=Bleh! not again if it were free
25-50=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
50-75=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
75-100=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

Blacksburg, Virginia