drank Coconut Custard by Teas Etc

Thanks so much to QueenofTarts for this tea which I did ask for in my recent swap with her!

I smelled this a bit after I finished brewing it and it smells like coconut. And dirty feet. This is the second red rooibos I’ve had that smells like feet. Feet and cough syrup with a bit of coconut essence, note this was my initial impression when plain. It was a little bit better when soymilk was added.

But man, I have to wonder am I doing something wrong here? I used about 1 tsb of leaf to 12 oz. of tea and steeped for 5 minutes. This is not my favorite. I have no idea why I like some red roobois blends much better than others. Other people seemed to love this one so I dunno… maybe it’s just me?? I thought the recent red roobois teas I had were better tho’.

I did go to the Teas Etc website and they recommend steeping at 180 F or so – I’ll have to try it again at a lower temp. I don’t really like giving a bad review to a tea. :(