I’ve been wanting to try a black tea from Taiwan so I decided to pick this one up from Asha in my last order.

I followed the instructions to steep at 212 for 2 minutes. This is a gorgeous dark red mahogany brown. It smells intensely malty but the taste is very smooth. At first it seems very subtle but then the longer you sip on it the more the layers of flavor kind of hit your mouth. It’s very pecan nutty also with a touch of fruit – perhaps roasted peach or cherry,. Nutty is one of my favorite flavors in tea so I am enjoying this one quite a lot. It does have a rich mouthfeel and a crystal clear radiance in the liquor. No astringency, no bitterness anywhere. Also re-steeps well.

I can see where the comparison to a fine aged whiskey comes from. You really want to take your time with this one and savor it slowly. It is an elegant tea for anytime but it might be really nice in the evening.

ScottTeaMan

I think that oolong you rated 100 was from Asha, Amy.

TeaBrat