drank Kashmir Rose by Simpson & Vail

I knew I had to try this tea when I first saw it. I love cardamom and roses so it was definitely calling my name!

I steeped this for 3 minutes at 212 F. I may have accidentally used too much leaf because it seems very strong (but yummy). The rose is very prominent in this blend, at first I thought maybe it was too much but as the cup is cooling off I like it more. The cardamom you pick up more so in the finish. The base of this tea is a rose congou, which I’ve never had before but now I’m inspired to try the plain rose congou, evidently it is fermented with rose petals. Doesn’t that sound a bit indulgent? I love it. hee hee.

Anyway I thought this was lovely, with a touch of soymilk. It got very dark and rich with both a floral and spicy aroma. But it is definitely strong on both the rose and the cardamom so if you’re leery of either of these things you’d better steer clear of this one.

I did manage to get a second steep out of it, still good although quite a bit milder…