Again like the Nepal tea from yesterday it seems like a shame to call this darjeeling a black tea…

According to wikipedia: SFTGFOP—Special Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe: Sometimes used to indicate the very finest.

I was a little worried about this one because “clean astringency” sounds like it could be too acid promoting or sour so I only got the sample size. This was steeped at 4 minutes at around 190 F.

The dry leaf in the bag smells very aromatic and they are beautiful olive green and silver grey leaves.

This is a lot more mellow than I thought it would be, which I am enjoying. It’s a golden yellow liquor with a light bodied and smooth taste. Slightly earthy and spicy at the same time. A little bit of peach but the fruit notes are not quite as prominent as I thought they would be. The finish is also not very harsh or astringent. I am not a darjeeling expert but overall I quite enjoyed it – also I can’t say that I need to buy anymore right now.

Certified Fair Trade and Organic – always a bonus

Angrboda

FTGFOP also sometimes Far Too Good For Ordinary People. :p (Can’t come up with a good word for the S here, though.)

erichbenoit

Lovely to read this post… I haven’t had many teas from Nepal, though I recently had a fantastic Nepalese oolong. So, your postings of recent have really revitalized my interest to purchase and try more in the coming weeks.

@Angrboda – I am far from ordinary but that goes without saying. :-P

@erichbenoit – I highly recommend giving Rare Tea Republic a try

erichbenoit

I’m there now. And, I just put Doke Premium Silver Needles into my shopping cart. :) Thanks!

ScottTeaMan

The Doke piqued my interest too.

erichbenoit

I ended up with 6 samples… including the Phoobsering Special oolong, which was equally intriguing. I am greatly looking forward to the teas.

TeaBrat

Niiiice! I haven’t had the oolong yet, I’ll be interested to know what you think of it. :)

erichbenoit

I will certainly post about, and thanks for the suggestion to give them a try. I appreciate the love invested in the site alone.

Comments

Angrboda

@Angrboda – I am far from ordinary but that goes without saying. :-P

@erichbenoit – I highly recommend giving Rare Tea Republic a try

ScottTeaMan

The Doke piqued my interest too.

erichbenoit

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around