This came with my recent order from PuerShop.com, after I placed the order I read the other reviews and I was really wishing I had NOT ordered it because they are quite dismal. In any case the entire beeng was only $18 so I’m not losing out on much by trying it.

I broke off a small chunk of it to stick it in an infuser mug. I definitely wanted to rinse this one quite thoroughly. After that I let it steep for about 1 minute. I’m not getting any aromas of a dirty pond, which is what I was afraid of from the first review. But okay, it might be a tad bit “eau du barnyard”.

This is kind of woodsy, and earthy, it also has a big chocolate-y element. It isn’t the most interesting shu I’ve ever had it terms of flavor and quality but it isn’t that bad either… I didn’t think it was very light like another reviewer said. Could there be a vast difference in the quality of these beengs or maybe I just don’t know what I am talking about when it comes to pu-erhs? lol. It’s true I’ve only been drinking them for about a year.

Since I have the whole cake I might just let this one air out and age for a while too…