drank Tangerine Blossom by Shang Tea

wow, this is delicious. It says it’s a fermented white tea so what does that mean, no wonder people are confused because all black tea is fermented as far as I know. I think it means this is a plant that is normally used for white tea only but here it’s been fermented?

Anyhoo, this tea is actually a light red. I steeped mine at around 180 F for two minutes and I found it to be very delicious – definitely light bodied but very full and sweet in the aftertaste, not a trace of bitterness to be found. The tangerine is present but not overpowering here. I would for sure order this again, it’s really a treat and nothing like I’ve experienced so far in my tea drinking journey. I have been very impressed with all of the samples I got from Shang from their clean, sweet and delicate nature.

K S

technically puerh is fermented, black tea is oxidized. I think it was a translation error that originally led to the belief black tea was fermented.

TeaBrat

yeah I did a quick search on the internet and it seems like a lot of people use the two terms almost interchangeably. like here Ten Ren says: “Fermentation is really oxidation” but then they go on to call it fermentation anyway… http://www.tenren.com/fermentation.html

Charles Thomas Draper

Fermenting is oxidation in reference to Tea….

Comments

K S

TeaBrat

Charles Thomas Draper

Fermenting is oxidation in reference to Tea….

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around