Here’s yet another sample from my Le Palais de Thes gift set.

I decided to try this with my boyfriend this morning since he likes Earl Grey much more than I do. I think we both agree that this doesn’t smell and taste very bergamot-y so I actually liked it for this reason. It’s fairly subtle and allows the flavor of the yunnan black to come through. This is one smooth and delicious tea that I can just sit and drink plain which is unusual for me and a black tea. Pretty good, but I think I would just skip the bergamot altogether and go for the grand yunnan. :)

I think if you were expecting something like a typical strong Earl Grey you’d be a bit disappointed in this one. If you like lighter bergamot type teas (like Paris from Harney and Sons) you might enjoy it.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around