I just read through the tasting notes and it’s very interesting to see the variety of responses to this one…

I got my Den’s Tea sampler in the mail today and was very excited, wow, that was fast but they are in Southern California. I was impressed by the literature they sent and all of the different brewing guides/instructions.

So it’s been ages since I’ve had a Houjicha really. I chose this because I wasn’t ready to go to sleep quite yet and thought I might try something with light caffeine. Steeped for about 90 seconds in an infuser mug, one rounded teaspoon to about 6 oz of water, 205 F.

Ah yum! I thought this was delicious. I love the roasted smell and the flavor is also woody, earthy, roasted, nutty and a bit sweet like molasses or honey. It doesn’t really taste like a green tea, it’s very meeeelllllllooowww, DUDE. :) This would be a nice one to have around for afternoon and evening and the price is sure right.

I thought this was excellent and I would definitely purchase it again. I’m looking forward to trying all the other teas in my sampler now. :)