drank Genmaicha Extra Green by Den's Tea

Another one from the Den’s Tea sampler – this is the pyramid teabag which I wouldn’t buy myself (I’d get the loose leaf).

I thought this might be like my standard Ito En genmaicha with matcha, but it’s better. The matcha here definitely makes it a lot greener than some of the others I have tried. The nuttiness from the rice is light and the tea itself is hearty, sweet and broth like. If this base is Den’s bancha I will definitely need to get some to try on its’ own! Although the matcha could very likely be playing a part in the sweetness here. I’m not really a fan of sencha genmaichas because they can be a little too astringent/bitter for me, so I appreciated the mellowness of this. The only drawback is that I did notice a bit of matcha dust in the bottom of my cup, which apparently a teabag cannot even encapsulate…

Overall, this is very yummy, I think I might have preferred a little more toasted rice in this blend but I am quite enjoying this cup. Soon I might be a Den’s Tea convert!

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around