drank Organic Houjicha by Den's Tea

“Running around as you do with your head up in the clouds
I was like you
Never had time to lay back, kick your shoes off, close your eyes
I was like you
Now you’re not hard to understand
You need someone to take your hand

Have you never been mellow? "

Hee hee – well enough easy listening, this is so. very. yummy.

Thanks to Den’s I’ve discovered a newfound love for houjicha! I love the way this smells when it’s steeping and the cup is dark, but very clean tasting, roasty but not excessively smoked or burnt. It’s got a sweet finish reminiscent of caramel or burnt sugar. It doesn’t taste like wet bark like some other houjichas I’ve had (well not much anyway)

This will be a great choice for my afternoon tea, low in caffeine and relaxing. It reminds me a bit of a roasted oolong. This is nice mixed with some soymilk too – I really need to make a houijcha latte someday! :)

As always, your mileage may vary but I thought this was super tasty. Also I was able to resteep it 3 times. :)

ScottTeaMan

I love Houjicha! I could drink this tea every day. :)) Have you iced it? I get the feeling it would be quite tasty.

TeaBrat

No, I need to try that!

ScottTeaMan

My last cup of Houjicha I drank was cold (not iced). I had fallen asleep and when I woke up my tea was cold….and tasty!

Comments

ScottTeaMan

TeaBrat

No, I need to try that!

ScottTeaMan

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around