Thanks to ScottTeaMan for this lovely sample. I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get around to trying some… this tea seems like it has a personality complex and does not know if it’s a white tea or an oolong.

After steeping the wet leaves smell quite floral and relaxing so I know I am in for a treat of some kind. :))

I steeped this for around 90 seconds in 180 F or so water and I was not skimpy with the leaf. My cup is light yellow and quite delicate. The flavor is lightly sweet like sweet peas or corn, but also floral with a honeysuckle like quality. Very relaxing and aromatic and some slightly creamy elements in the finish. This is quite nice, almost intoxicating!

Second steep is also wonderful… a little buttery but with some crazy, wonderful Himalayan floral thing going on. It reminds me a bit of the White Shangri-La from Rare Tea Republic.

I will be looking out for more teas like this from Thunderbolt. Thanks for sharing Scott. :)

ScottTeaMan

Your welcome! I knew you’d like it. It is so delicious! I want to review a white tea today, but I think I’ll revisit this one. I hope I gave you enuff for afew more cups. :))

ScottTeaMan

Did you experience any maltiness, nuts, or light chocolate notes? My sinuses aren’t clogged today, so maybe I’ll get some of the sweet peas, & more florality!

TeaBrat

I thought I sensed the white chocolate but of course I read your tasting notes which probably put the idea in my head. ;-)

ScottTeaMan

I find that sometimes descriptions by others DO zero in on an aspect or flavor characteristic. I do try not to read other descriptions too much though- for the reason you said. Does any of this make sense? :p

Comments

ScottTeaMan

TeaBrat

ScottTeaMan

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around