Another sample from Palais de Thes… this is an oolong and it smells very fruity in the tube. I decided to steep it according to their instructions which was 5-7 minutes at 205 F. At that amount of time my cup is much darker than the one which appears on their website. I may try to cut the steeping time down with the rest of this sample.

Overall, the flavor is okay but it’s complicated. I am definitely getting fruity, I sense some stone fruit flavors here that I quite like. I almost wonder if this tea is scented in some way though because it is kinda perfumey, maybe that’s the flowers. I could really do without the floral element in this tea. I do like some floral teas but not others yeah, I’m picky like that. :) Sometimes I think one flavor element in a tea is really enough.

This is not a great morning tea for me, I would probably prefer something like this in the afternoon. It’s ok but not something I would purchase right now. They have a couple of other oolong blends, one is a tropical and one is a straight up fruit blend, those look better to me.