drank Guricha by Den's Tea

I’ve never had a guricha before so here goes nothing. ooooh. It looks like I ended up liking this a bit more than the other testers. :)

Steeped mine at around 180 F for 90 seconds. I got a nice greenish-yellow cup. The wet leaves are very green and smell so vegetal. I did notice if you steep this for a while it can get kind of pungent so I think shorter steeps of 30 – 60 seconds work well here.

This reminds me of sencha’s grandpa, hee hee. It’s more robust and full, with lots of green spinach-y flavors. I think it’s even a bit buttery, brothy, and thick like drinking green tea soup. This would certainly not appeal to everyone’s palette but to me it seems very nourishing, fortifying.

Overall I’m loving my Den’s tea experience….

ScottTeaMan

HHHmmm, I’ve never seen a guricha tea before, sounds interesting and delicious too. :p

Azzrian

I will try mine today – assuming there is one in my Den’s tea sample pack as well.

TeaBrat

I don’t believe it was in the sample pack, I placed an order with them…

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Azzrian

TeaBrat

I don’t believe it was in the sample pack, I placed an order with them…

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around